14 Dogs Who Nap Like It’s Their Job
March 10 is National Napping Day, but these dogs don’t need an excuse to sleep.
Nicole Sipe |
Posted: March 10, 2014, 6 a.m. PST
Feeling sleepy? It might be due to "springing forward” an hour on Sunday because of the start of daylight savings time.
Thank goodness today is National Napping Day, an unofficial holiday created in 1999 by Boston University professor William Anthony, Ph.D., and his wife Camille. The duo wanted to showcase the many benefits of napping, and chose the day after daylight savings time starts because people are usually more nap-ready than usual on that day.
These dogs, however, don’t need a holiday to tell them when to catch some zzzzzz’s. Here is some canine inspiration to hit the bed or curl up on the couch and catch some winks!
1. Napping is always better with a friend.
2. In the event of sunshine or a bright light, your blanket can be used as a sleeping device.
3. If your hair’s not messed up by the time you’re done napping, you’re doing it wrong.
4. Puppies nap better because puppies nap cuter.
5. It’s always good advice to fall asleep with a toy close by, in the event a game of fetch breaks out in your dreams. Hey, you never know...
6. When the day’s been "ruff,” just sleep on it!
7. I don’t always nap, but when I do, I do it on hard, awkward surfaces.
8. Ain’t no party like a Basset Hound slumber party, because a Basset Hound slumber party don’t stop.
9. Humans: good for fetching food, scratching behind ears and serving as pillows.
10. Traveling is hard, so sleep harder.
11. Just ... one more ... step ... and ... zzzzzzz ...
12. Who’s got four paws, fur and loves to nap? This guy!
13. Dog? Check. Favorite stuffed friend? Check. Rope toy? Check. OK, ready for a nap!
14. They told me to get off the couch, so I took a nap on it, instead. Good compromise, no?
Give us your opinion on 14 Dogs Who Nap Like It’s Their Job
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha