Liver Oatmeal Dog Bones
Healthy snacks for your dog. These homemade cookies pack a punch.
Posted: Oct 12, 2012, 8 a.m. EST
Looking to make your dog a special snack? Want to make something that he'll love and that's good for him too? Try this nutriious liver and oatmeal recipes.
Liver is an excellent source of protein and provides several B vitamins, as well as vitamins A and C. Liver also contains minerals, such as selenium, copper, iron and zinc. Most dogs adore liver, so it’s easy to incorporate this healthful organ meat into your dog’s diet. Try one of our easy recipes to prepare some nutritious, delicious homemade treats.
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried liver
- 4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (Please do not use fresh garlic. Learn more>>)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place the liver in a blender, and blend to a powder. If liver is soft enough, you can use a fork to break it down.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2-inch thickness, and cut out shapes with a 2-inch dog-bone cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet, 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. When done, the cookies should be firm to the touch. T
- Turn the oven off and leave the cookies in for 1 to 2 hours to harden.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place up to three weeks.
Yield: Approximately 110 treats
Treats should be fed in moderation. Consult your veterinarian any time you are making changes to your dogs food or diet.
More liver dog treat recipes:
Liver Parsely Dog Treats
Garlic Liver Dog Treats
-More Dog Recipes-
-Dog Food Home-
Give us your opinion on Liver Oatmeal Dog Bones
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha