Parsley Fresh-Breath Treats For Your Dog
Spice up your dog's life with a delicious snack that will make his breath smell fresh!
DC Editors |
Posted: October 1, 11 a.m. PST
A versatile cooking herb, iron-rich parsley adds more than just flavor to dishes for people and their dogs. The compounds found in this super plant mimic the hemoglobin that carries oxygen on red blood cells. Its natural astringent, cleansing, and deodorizing properties mean it also leaves the breath fresh and clean.
Try these pup-pleasing, parsley dog treats!
- 1¾ cup lukewarm meat or vegetable broth
- 1½ teaspoon dry yeast
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup fat-free powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm broth and let stand until foamy (about 10 minutes)
- Stir in dry ingredients and fresh herbs
- Roll the dough out to ¼-inch thickness
- Cut shapes with your favorite cookie cutters, and bake on a greased cookie sheet for 45 minutes
- Turn off oven, and allow biscuits to finish hardening 10 to 12 hours. Recipe makes 20 to 30 biscuits, depending on the size and shape.
Parsely and many other herbs can easily be grown in your home and can provide endless options for enriching your life and your dog’s.
Give us your opinion on Parsley Fresh-Breath Treats For Your Dog
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha