Puppermint Dog Treats
A holiday favorite your dog is sure to love, these dog cookies are a safe way to treat your dog this holiday season.
Kristina Lotz |
Posted: Dec 5, 2013, 1 p.m. EST
These are the perfect treat to give your dog while you are enjoying a holiday meal. They also make a festive gift for any pet lover; just wrap them up in some pretty cellophane, put them in a cookie tin, or stick them in a stocking, and voila! You have a unique present for the host or hostess at the next holiday party.
An added bonus, the peppermint and parsley help with bad breath, which will thrill your guests.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 ½ tablespoons flaxseed oil
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint oil
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Parchment paper
- Mix flour, salt, and parsley together in mixer.
- Add flaxseed and peppermint oil, mix.
- Add chicken broth; mix until all dry ingredients are moistened
- Roll dough out on floured surface to a 1/8” thick sheet.
- Cut into ¼ - ½” inch strips.
- Fold strips in have and twist together, curving one end over to make a candy cane shape.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
Makes approximately 10 candy canes
Allow to cool thoroughly before giving to your dog!
Looking for more holiday dog recipes? Check out these holiday dog treats!
-More Dog Food and Treat Recipes-
Give us your opinion on Puppermint Dog Treats
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha