Quick Tips: Dogs and Chocolate

Although it's a tasty treat for humans, chocolate can be dangerous for dogs.

By

Always stow chocolate and candy out of reach. "Chocolate is the most common toxicity we treat during the holidays," said Jeffrey Proulx, DVM, a board-certified emergency veterinarian and staff member at the Dove Lewis Memorial Emergency Veterinary Hospital. Eating even small amounts causes vomiting and diarrhea. Large amounts can cause abnormal heart rhythms and nervous system malfunctions, even death.

If you suspect your dog has eaten chocolate, induce vomiting and call your veterinarian immediately.

* Excerpted from 'Tis the Season to Be Safe! by Susan Bertram, DVM


JOIN CLUB DOG NOW

0 of 0 Comments View All 0 Comments

Give us your opinion Give us your opinion on Quick Tips: Dogs and Chocolate

Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below

 
First Name : Email :
International :
City : State :

Captcha Image


Get New Captcha


Top Products

ADS BY GOOGLE