From the Editor
5 Fascinating Dog Facts
As usual, I truly enjoyed editing the pages of this month’s magazine. When you love dogs, you never get tired of learning new things about them. Here are five interesting facts I learned in this issue of Dog World:
1. Betty White grew up with Pekingese. To read more about this actress-turned-animal advocate, turn to page 14.
2. The practice of tail docking was started by the ancient Romans. See how some European breeders are selecting for natural bobtails in traditionally docked breeds on page 16.
3. The great-great-great grandson of Johannes Georg Plott, the founder of the Plott, is happily carrying on the breed’s legacy in North Carolina. To take a closer look at the Plott, check out page 20.
4. Airedales can compete in American Kennel Club hunt tests (they’re grouped with spaniels). For more information about these events, turn to page 30.
5. A cutting-edge treatment called “limb sparing” allows some dogs with osteosarcoma to keep their legs. Read more about the latest tools in the fight against cancer on page 36.
Hope you enjoy reading!
Give us your opinion on From the Editor
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha