Puppermint Candy Cane Dog Treats
A holiday favorite your dog is sure to love, these dog cookies are a safe way to treat your dog this holiday season.
Posted: December 22, 2011 7 p.m, EDT
An added bonus, the peppermint and parsley help with bad breath, which will thrill your guests.
1 cup flour
½ tsp salt
1 tablespoon parsley
1 ½ tablespoons flaxseed oil
¼ teaspoon peppermint oil
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Mix flour, salt, and parsley together in mixer.
2. Add flaxseed and peppermint oil, mix.
3. Add chicken broth; mix until all dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Roll dough out on floured surface to a 1/8” thick sheet.
5. Cut into ¼ - ½” inch strips.
6. Fold strips in have and twist together, curving one end over to make a candy cane shape.
7. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
8. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
Makes approximately 10 candy canes
Allow to cool thoroughly before giving to your dog!
These are the perfect treat to give your dog while you are enjoying a holiday meal. They also make a festive gift for any pet lover; just wrap them up in some pretty cellophane, put them in a cookie tin, or stick them in a stocking, and voila! You have a unique present for the host or hostess at the next holiday party.
Looking for more holiday dog recipes? Check out these holiday dog treats!
Give us your opinion on Puppermint Candy Cane Dog Treats
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha