Hotel Penn Does It Again
New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania prepares exclusive pet amenities and events to welcome 2013 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show participants.
DC Editors |
Posted: Feb 6, 2013, 10 a.m. EDT
Recognized as the 2012 Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year and host hotel for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is preparing to welcome all canine hopefuls participating in the 2013 event.
Since 1919 the hotel has been in operation at its location just across 7th Avenue from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden, and those in town for Westminster each year have been staying there since the dog show moved to the “new” Madison Square Garden in 1969.
The 137th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show takes place on February 11th and 12th, 2013 with only the Breed judging at Piers 92/94. The hotel is conveniently located directly across from the Madison Square Garden, where Junior Showmanship Finals, Group Judging and Best in Show will be help this year.
The Hotel Pennsylvania goes the extra mile to make their canine visitors feel welcome. For the week surrounding Westminster, 4,000 square feet on the hotel’s lower level is converted into a one-stop area chock full of amenities just for the show dogs.
“We are ready to host the Very Important Pooches for the annual Dog Show given our perfect Westminster location, unbeatable rates and exclusive guest amenities,” says Jim Flynn, General Manager/All Dogs’ Best Friend at the Hotel. “Westminster guests will have a great show in our Lobby alone as they get to see up close all of the different breeds and, perhaps even, a future Best in Show.”
To prepare for this special occasion, the property is planning to set up a variety of exclusive onsite daily events and amenities to coincide with the Show exclusively for guests, including:
- Direct shuttle bus service for Dog Show exhibitors and spectators from the Hotel to Piers 92/94 each day of the Dog Show (courtesy of Westminster).
- Exclusive welcome package for Westminster guests.
- A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel’s Lobby on the morning of February 8th.
- Host to the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York, the 1st In-Line, Inc. sponsored Green Room Salon, Spa and Canine Gym offers a variety of amenities for Show participants: bathing/beauty parlor/salon, dog grooming/comfort station, exercise/fitness area, animal acupuncture, walking area, and even his and hers relieving area.
- New York Pet Fashion Show taking place on Friday, February 8th; starting at 7 pm EST.
- Live three-hour radio broadcast of the popular pet show Talkin’ Pets with Jon Patch on February 9th from 5 pm to 8 pm EST.
- American Canine Education Foundation (ACEF) & the Senior Conformation Judges Association (SCJA) 30th Annual Buffet Reception & Dance on February 10th (7 pm until midnight EST).
- The Paw Mall, located at the Dog S’paw’, will feature all the latest accessories and gifts for both owners and pets to enjoy, from jewelry to pet clothing.
- An exclusive on-site Doggie Concierge
…and so much more! Visit HotelPenn.com for full details.
-More Westminster Dog Show-
Give us your opinion on Hotel Penn Does It Again
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha