Grants for Dog Adoption Groups
Pedigree Foundation is accepting applications for grants designed to offset operating costs or support innovative programs.
DC News Team |
Posted: May 1, 2013, 3 p.m. EDT
Nonprofit, tax-exempt animal shelters and dog rescue groups have until June 30 to apply for Pedigree Foundation grants.
The campaign awards both Operation Grants of $1,000 to cover basic operating costs and Innovation Grants of $10,000 to $25,000 to fund creative programs aimed at increasing dog adoptions.
"The grant program allows us to learn about animal shelters and dog rescue groups who are leading out-of-the-box thinking and developing innovative programs,” said Debra Fair, the foundation’s president. "With our shared goal of increasing awareness and adoption of homeless dogs, we can team up to help more animal shelters and dog rescue groups reach their adoption goals.”
The Pedigree Foundation, based in Franklin, Tenn., last year awarded 11 Innovation Grants. One winner, Panhandle Animal Shelter in Ponderay, Idaho, is spending its award on teaching high school students the fundamentals of social media and how it relates to business, while using shelter animals as subjects.
Other 2012 Innovation Grants recipients were:
- Aiken County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Aiken, S.C.
- Austin Pets Alive in Austin, Texas
- Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha County in Waukesha, Wis.
- Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals in New York City
- Nevada Humane Society in Reno, Nev.
- Scott County Humane Society in Georgetown, Ky.
- Take Me Home in Santa Monica, Calif.
- Tennessee Humane Animal League in Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Valley Animal Center in Fresno, Calif.
- Wisconsin Humane Society in Milwaukee
Grant applications are available at PedigreeFoundation.org.
Pedigree Foundation has awarded more than $5 million to 1,100 shelters and rescues since 2008. The foundation is a philanthropic organization with ties to Mars Inc., the manufacturer of Pedigree brand dog food.
Give us your opinion on Grants for Dog Adoption Groups
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha