Nominate a Dog for a Humane Award
The ASPCA is accepting nominations of extraordinary dogs and people for its annual awards.
Posted: July 4, 2007, 5 a.m. EST
Know a dog who does incredible things? The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals invites the public to nominate extraordinary pets and people for its annual Humane Awards.
Winners will be invited to attend the Humane Awards Luncheon in New York City on Thursday, November 1, 2007, at the historic Rainbow Room, where the awards will be presented.
ASPCA president Ed Sayres says the luncheon recognizes the important roles animals play in our lives, the significance of the human-animal bond, and the people who make animal welfare an important part of their lives.
Categories accepting nominations include:
- ASPCA Dog of the Year – a dog who has performed a heroic act within the past year;
- ASPCA Kid of the Year – a child under the age of 14 who has rescued an animal within the past year or helps make the world a better place for animals;
- ASPCA Law Enforcement Officer of the Year – a member of the police force, or other service officer, who has made a heroic effort to save an animal within the past year;
- ASPCA Fireman of the Year – a municipal firefighter who has made a heroic effort to save an animal within the past year;
- ASPCA Henry Bergh Award (named in honor of ASPCA founder Henry Bergh) – an individual, foundation or organization that supports the care and welfare of companion animals and makes the world a better place for them;
- ASPCA Lifetime Achievement Award – an individual over the age of 50 who has spend many years in the service of animal welfare.
Submit nominations via the ASPCA website (www.aspca.org/nominate). A complete submission form should contain the following information:
- Nominee’s name, street address, e-mail address and telephone number;
- The category for which he or she is being nominated;
- A short statement (75 words or fewer) about why the nominator thinks this person or pet deserves the award.
The deadline for entries is Wednesday, August 15, 2007, at 12 p.m. EST.
Winners will be chosen by a committee selected by the ASPCA.
Give us your opinion on Nominate a Dog for a Humane Award
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha