The Best Dog Parks of 2008
DOG FANCY magazine names the winner and runners-up for the title of America’s Best Dog Park.
Posted: April 29, 2008, 5 a.m. EST
Hundreds of nominations for America's Best Dog Park were sent in for this year’s competition, but only one was chosen as this year’s winner – Jackass Acres K-9 Korral.
This New River, Ariz., dog park was named this year’s best for, “it’s efforts to be green,” says DOG FANCY editor Susan Chaney. "The park has solar-powered lights, a security system, and water pumps, as well as decorative metal flowers made from old cars, furniture crafted from fallen timber, and recycled artificial turf. How could we not love a park like that?" she adds.
The runners-up are:
- Bow Wow Beach, Stow, Ohio
- Broemmelssiek Park Off-Leash Dog Area, St. Charles, Mo.
- Frankfort Bark Park, Frankfort, Ill.
- Hammel Woods Forest Preserve Dog Park, Shorewood, Ill.
- MonDaug Bark Park, Fort Washington, Pa.
- Paw OK Dog Park, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- South Brohard Beach Paw Park, Venice, Fla.
- Wantage Dog Park, Wantage, N.J.
- Woof! Pac Park, Santa Maria, Calif.
Read the complete story on America's best dog parks in the June issue of DOG FANCY, on newsstands today.
Give us your opinion on The Best Dog Parks of 2008
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha