Survey Reveals Cat, Dog Owners’ Travel Habits
Cat and dog owners answer questions and reveal their thoughts on traveling with pets.
Posted: August 20, 2007, 5 a.m. EDT
BringYourPet.com, a pet-friendly hotel and lodging directory, recently surveyed thousands of pet owners through online polling, its newsletter, and by randomly contacting households. The survey contained questions regarding dog ownership and travel. The statistics show:
- 38.5 percent found it was difficult to find pet-friendly lodging.
- 79 percent stayed at pet-friendly hotels within the last year.
- 16 percent stay at pet-friendly accommodations six or more times per year.
- 63 percent would be more likely to lengthen their time away from home if they were able to travel with their pets.
- 84.6 percent of respondents travel with dogs and 6.3 percent travel with cats.
- 33 percent travel with dogs that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- 36 percent find it challenging to find lodging for pets weighing more than 20 pounds.
- 10.3 percent complained that a large number of pet-friendly accommodations also allow smoking.
The results reveal year-to-date information for 2007.
Give us your opinion on Survey Reveals Cat, Dog Owners’ Travel Habits
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha