Comments on 5 Dog Toxins You May Not Know About

User Avatar

Jean M.   Oceanside, CA

12/14/2011 9:44:20 PM

Very helpful. THANKS SO MUCH. I thought you would mention CHOCOLATE!!!

User Avatar

Dorenn   Boerne, TX

6/18/2011 4:19:35 PM

thanks this helped a lot.Now i know to be more careful

User Avatar

Mike   Columbia, TN

6/18/2011 10:57:48 AM

What I meant to say was is that "I hope that everyone's Saturday is going great and I hope that they have a great week". I'm sorry about the typo.

User Avatar

Mike   Columbia, TN

6/18/2011 10:53:01 AM

Interesting article! I hope that everyone's Saturday is going great and I hope that they had a great Flag Day! That goes for last year and all the other years that I've missed. I'm sorry that I didn't say anything about this last time, but it slipped my mind! I also hope that they have a great Father's Day! That goes for last year and all the other years that I've missed,as well.

User Avatar

Julie   Houston, TX

6/17/2011 7:12:50 PM

I sat out 1 Tylenol PM this past Tuesday on my bathroom counter. I was going to take it a bit later. When my 8 pound 5 month old puppy started coughing it clicked in my brain. I went to look and the pill was gone! Thinking she had swallowed it I called my vet. After I told him I was 40 minutes away he told me to go to someone closer. I went to a vet clinic about 5 minutes away. They had to give her a shot to throw it up, an I.V., and activated charcoal to soak up the toxin. I felt so horrible for her to have to go through that. I am always careful with my medications - all it took was one small mistake. My puppy had to suffer for it. PLEASE, take extra precautions with your meds, even tylenol, or things you don't even think are dangerous meds. My puppy is okay and since I get her to the vet quickly there should be not ill effects in the future. I'm glad I called so quick and took her right away.

ADS BY GOOGLE

User Avatar

Halle   philadelphia, PA

6/17/2011 6:01:08 AM

WOW, i think that this is lots of help to people like me who didnt know about these toxins. Great Job!

User Avatar

Jo Ann   Lodgepole, NE

6/7/2011 3:30:14 PM

Good article!

User Avatar

Travis Michael   Boston, MA

6/7/2011 9:07:54 AM

Many people may be unaware that acetaminophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol, is dangerous in humans as well. Ingesting too much of the drug can cause an accidental overdose resulting in liver failure – http://www.liverfailurefromtylenol.com/ - or even death. Make sure to use medications only as directed and keep them out of reach of pets and children. Regards, TM

User Avatar

Galadriel   Lothlorien, ME

6/6/2011 11:38:54 PM

Good to keep in mind.

User Avatar

Stephanie   North Canton, OH

6/6/2011 4:28:54 PM

Yikes! Thanks!

ADS BY GOOGLE

User Avatar

BEAGLE LOVER   G-VILLE, WV

6/6/2011 9:56:04 AM

THANKS FOR SHARING. IF OUR LITTLE STINKERS ONLY KNEW THE DANGERS OF SOME OF THE THINGS THEY EAT MAYBE THEY WOULDNT EAT WHAT THEY SHOULDNT! WOULDNT THAT BE NICE?!

1-11 of 11 PAGE:  1

Top Products

ADS BY GOOGLE