Comments on When Dogs Eat Rat Poison

User Avatar

AmuseableDonkey   Exeter, California

11/11/2014 12:36:27 PM

Two of my dogs did last year. I gave them milk of magnesia and the second day, apple cider vinegar. They pulled through like champs. One was a small bed, one was a medium breed puppy. Today, our new puppy found some in an orchard. I've started MOM, she has vomited and convulsions have slowed. We have new neighbors that didn't consider the fact anybody around them have pets and children. I'm so upset right now.

User Avatar

Sam   BROOKLYN, New York

10/17/2014 4:46:35 PM

I don't have the resources to get my pup to the vet so Thank you so very much for the helpful information. Within a minute of giving my dog the peroxide, she puked up all of the poison (and the bag it was in) to the point where her vomit went from bright green to white phlegm. I hope she learns from this! Thanks again.

User Avatar

Frances   Flushing, New York

10/1/2014 2:45:43 PM

My dog had rat poison what should I do to make him vomit

User Avatar

martha   houston, Texas

1/31/2014 6:35:53 PM

My 2months puppy ate rat poison I cant afford to take him in whst do I do. Please help...

User Avatar

stacy   lumberton, Texas

12/7/2013 10:32:53 AM

I have a dog that eat rat poision I don't have money to take him to a vet what can I do

ADS BY GOOGLE

User Avatar

Cherie Lynnae   Simi Valley, California

9/29/2013 3:03:44 PM

Evangers "Chicken" dog food, pure chicken and broth, easy to digest pure not crap in this dog food... most pet food stores carry it and you can always get it online in most places ( I use chewys.com)

User Avatar

michelle   oakland, California

8/23/2013 1:07:24 AM

My puppy ate rat poison about 4 hours ago I just gave him water what else can I give jim. I can't afford the vet.

User Avatar

Jackie   Eagle Moutnain, Utah

4/25/2013 6:22:16 AM

Call the phone number on the package of the poison. I called D-con's number this morning at 12:30am and they were able to figure out the lethal dose and reassure me that waiting till morning was ok before seeking medical help. Other wise I would have driven 4 towns over and 45 minutes one way to an emergency vet that could easily have helped me this morning. Waiting till 8, when they all open and we can get the pk test and then start Vit K if we need it.

User Avatar

Tom   Redmon, Illinois

4/2/2013 3:56:19 PM

This just happened to our dog too...we got her to the vet and she is getting better. However, we cannot get her to eat dog food...does anyone have any suggestions? We can get her to take her Vitamin K pill with ham slices, cheese or peanut butter but that is about all we can get her to eat.

Thanks!

User Avatar

heather   Hollywood, Florida

3/21/2013 2:44:28 PM

I recommend take the animal directly to a vet. My dog ate a block of rat poison and the company said no way who a dog eat it well when the vet induce vomiting he was full of the worst type of poisonous chemical in rat posion. There are several types of poisons used to kill rats and u must seek help . Forget the 1800 # goto the vet. If not anything u do will not be enough please don't chance it . My bill was $126.00 I was surprised the vet is here to help not rob u. Then again id spend any amount for my dogs.

ADS BY GOOGLE

User Avatar

jared   mattoon, Illinois

2/4/2013 6:22:52 PM

No vitamin k is not potassium an ion element. Vitamin k reverses the clotting factors warfarin and other anticoagulants affect. To much potassium will cause electrolyte imbalance causing heart to stop. it is never given IV push in hospital only a drip piggy back rider to.sodium chloride in micrograms for this reason. it is it is given for lethal injection to prisoners. From a nurse in Illinois who does not want you to kill your dog.

User Avatar

Bruce   Tri-Lakes, Missouri

1/28/2013 8:57:44 PM

Vitamin K is Potassium, no? Just get Potassium table and crush it.

User Avatar

Trish   New Freedom, Pennsylvania

1/20/2013 1:01:21 PM

Thank you so much for the info posted here. Here are some tips I
learned.
1. The hydrogen peroxide takes a couple of minutes to
work.

2 GNC is the only place in town to get Vit. K. CVS, tractor supply, nor Rite Aid does carries it.


3. There are tablets called Charco Caps at CVS that are activate charcoal.

User Avatar

dw   ny, NY

12/20/2012 3:03:12 PM

my 12 lb dog at 2 small balls of Ramik mice poison--called vet--immediately gave 1tbsp hydrogen peroxide--she vomited within 5 minutes--was able to see the chewed balls. Called the 1800 number on the ramik package and the operator said she would have needed to eat 5 balls to get symptoms(bleeding). She said if she had symptoms they would be in 3-5 days. good luck

User Avatar

Paul   Jacksonville, Florida

9/20/2012 6:04:56 PM

Paul Jax,
FL

I think our 50 pound boxer ate about 10 rat poison pellets last night, we didn't figure it out until now, what can we due, vets closed

User Avatar

Jennifer   Williston, Vermont

9/17/2012 6:43:29 AM

How can i get vitamin k1 for my dog without a costly vet visit

User Avatar

kailyn   stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

9/15/2012 6:18:44 PM

we had my new puppy outside and he got into the neibors house when we turned around and he got into rat posion i gave him peroxide and toast should he be ok!!! im woried sick about him

User Avatar

Mary   Curtiss, WI

6/1/2012 6:36:25 PM

our dog got into rat poison on tuesday. we didn't know this until yestaerday when we noticed he wasn't acting like himself. we got him to the vet today and she confirmed that he did get into some. she gave him 2 shots of vitamin k and pills he has to take every day. hope he gets better soon

User Avatar

Colleen   Quartz Hill, CA

5/21/2012 12:27:17 PM

My little doggie got sick and would not eat for a few days. She had blisters in her mouth and was bleeding. By the time the vet figured out she had eatin rat poison it was too late and she passed. The only place she had been was the local park. Do they use rat poison at parks for dogs to get into?

User Avatar

allisa   wharton, TX

5/12/2012 5:38:24 AM

well i think my dog ate rat poison .because her cheeks were shaking really bad. either it was a sisure or she ate rat poison. it is a big dog though.

1-20 of 93 PAGE:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5    NEXT | LAST

Top Products

ADS BY GOOGLE