The third-annual Woofstock Festival invites dogs and their owners for a good cause.
The third annual Woofstock Festival invites dogs and their owners for a good cause.
Posted: April 6, 2007, 5 a.m. EST
Canine Companions for Independence is holding its third annual fundraising event, Woofstock: A Festival for Dogs & People at Balboa Park in San Diego from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sat., April 14.
The festival is open to the public and well-behaved dogs on a leash. Admission is $5; parking is free.
The Woofstock festival for dogs will include:
- The Peace, Love and Walk ‘n Roll Fun Dog Walk through Balboa Park; $35 registration includes tie-dye T-shirt, a gift bag and admission into the festival.
- Canine agility and fly ball courses; best trick and grooviest costume canine contests.
- Demonstrations by assistance and police dogs.
- Community and disability information resource booths.
- A children’s fun zone with games and activities.
- Food, live music and opportunity drawing winners announced hourly.
All proceeds from the event benefit the Southwest Regional Center for Canine Companions for Independence, a nonprofit organization that provides trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to people with disabilities.
For information about the event, call (800) 572-BARK or visit www.cci.org/southwest.
Give us your opinion on The third-annual Woofstock Festival invites dogs and their owners for a good cause.
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha