Cancer Awareness in Dogs
Early identification and treatment can help your dog beat cancer.
Cal Orey |
Posted: Tue Oct 30 00:00:00 PST 2001
Page 4 of 4
Homeopathy, such as the silicea remedy given to Sarge, works on the premise of "like cures like," and homeopathic medicines contain very small amounts of substances that would cause similar symptoms to the ones a patient is enduring if given to a well animal. You find success when a homeopathic remedy fits an individual pet's cancer symptoms.
"We use homeopathy as another alternative therapy to try and help shrink tumors and help stimulate the immune system," says holistic a nd conventional vet Shawn Messonnier of Plano, Texas. Bear in mind that the choice of treatment and dosage must be made by a doctor of homeopathy.
Homeopathic remedies are usually available in sugar tablets. If your pet won't eat tablets, you can dissolve them in 1 tsp distilled water. Shake up the solution and use an eyedropper to give orally. According to Dr. Pitcairn, the following homeopathic remedies can be used as treatments for cancer patients. He advises to start with using herbal goldenseal and homeopathic thuya occidentalis first.
- Thuja occidentalis 30C: This treatment is preferably used at the outset of cancer because it gets rid of the influence of prior vaccinations that may stimulate the growth of tumors. Give one tablet every other day, indefinitely or until the cancer is gone.
- Natrum muriaticum 6C (NaCl): This homeopathic tissue salt is most helpful to cats who have solid tumors or lymphosarcoma, especially those cats suffering with appetite problems.
- Silicea 6C: This is most helpful to dogs who have solid tumors or lymphosarcoma but is especially effective in dogs who have ravenous appetites but are losing weight.
- Conium maculatum 6C: This poison hemlock is used for animals who have very hard tumors.
- Phosphorus 6C: This homeopathic remedy is used for tumors that tend to bleed persistently.
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Adapted with permission of BowTie Press, a division of Bowtie, Inc., Irvine, Calif., from "The Essential Guide to Natural Pet Care For Dogs: Cancer" by Cal Orey (BowTie Press, 1998, $6.95).
Give us your opinion on Cancer Awareness in Dogs
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha