How to Create a Dog Disaster Kit
DogChannel shows you how to assemble a disaster kit for your dog.
Include the following items in a sturdy container and store in an easy-to-access location next to your canine first-aid kit.
- Leash and collar or harness.
- Several bottles of water.
- Collapsible bowl.
- Several-day supply of food and treats, plus information on eating habits and food allergies.
- Medication in a waterproof container, with information on dosage and frequency.
- Cleanup supplies (plastic bags, paper towels, and chlorine bleach).
- Copies of important veterinary records (vaccination records and information on existing medical conditions).
- Copies of registration information (adoption papers, proof of purchase, microchip, or other identification information).
- List of emergency contacts (friends or relatives, veterinarian's contact information, and listings of nearby pet-friendly hotels).
- Recent photographs of you and your dog with her breed, age, sex, and color written on the back.
- Duplicate of a toy she enjoys.
Give us your opinion on How to Create a Dog Disaster Kit
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha