Beagle Training Overview
Quick tips on training your Beagle.
- During the course of socialization, you can begin your Beagle puppy's first days at school. Dress him for school in his collar and lead, and begin acclimating him to walking on his leash.
- A show puppy can be trained to stand on a grooming table. Don't teach the sit exercise until you have mastered the stand/stay.
- Once his inoculations are complete, take your dog to public places so that he can grow confident.
- Commence crate training so that your puppy accepts the crate as his bedroom and den.
- Games are fun and lay the foundation for responding to his name and important commands.
Return to the Beagle Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Beagle © 2005. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Beagle Training Overview
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha