Training Overview: The Border Collie Puppy
Keep these Five tips to keep in mind when training the Border Collie puppy.
1. You will need to puppy-proof your home before puppy comes home. This includes removing any doggie dangers like items that could injure a puppy, such as harmful chemicals, etc.
2. For the safety of your puppy and your belongings, create an area of confinement for puppy using baby gates or his crate.
3. Be sure that you have a dog-safe yard, free of tools and fertilizers and enclosed by a sturdy, escape-proof fence.
4. Your puppy shopping list will include a crate, bedding, bowls and food, a collar and leash, ID tags, grooming equipment and several safe chew toys.
5. Take it easy during your pups first few days at home. When you're ready to venture out for some important early socialization, give your puppy positive experiences. You might consider a puppy class, too.
Return to the Border Collie Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Border Collie © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Training Overview: The Border Collie Puppy
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha