Training Overview: The Boston Terrier Puppy
Keep these five tips to keep in mind when training the Boston Terrier puppy.
1. In all you do with your puppy, house-training especially, structure and consistency are essential to success.
2. Use your crate and baby gates to confine your puppy to certain rooms before he is fully house-trained.
3. A puppy will require many potty trips each day. Be sure to praise him when he goes and do not scold him unless you catch him in the act.
4. Use your crate correctly; do not abuse it! When used properly, it is a wonderful tool and your Boston will love it.
5. Whether or not you crate train, you still must ensure your pups safety when you are not home or cannot supervise.
Return to the Boston Terrier Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Boston Terrier © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Training Overview: The Boston Terrier Puppy
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha