Training Overview: The Boxer Puppy
Keep these six tips to keep in mind when training the Boxer puppy.
1. The Boxer is a pack animal, like all other dogs, and needs a leader to guide and instruct him.
2. Positive reinforcement is the best way to train any dog, especially one as sensitive as the Boxer.
3. Know the basic rules of puppy classes: You are alpha and your dog doesn't speak English.
4. Teach word association, timing and consistency.
5. Learn the seven rules to successful puppy training.
6. Play games with your puppy to help him learn to come when called.
Return to the Boxer Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Boxer © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Training Overview: The Boxer Puppy
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha