- Socializing your puppy and creating a consistent schedule for him are two essential ingredients in your happy relationship with each other.
- Encourage good habits from the start! Keep the pup confined to specific areas while he's learning the house rules to keep him safe and out of mischief.
- Choose a fitting name for your Collie pup and use it often so that he learns to recognize it.
- Housebreaking must begin when your puppy first comes home so that he learns proper toileting habits as quickly as possible.
- Early lessons with your pup include teaching proper car behavior, accustoming him to his collar and leash and introducing commands through play.
Return to the Collie Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Collie © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.