Training Your Dachshund Puppy
Keep these five tips to keep in mind when training the Dachshund puppy.
1. Spend time with your new puppy, helping him become comfortable in his new home and laying a solid foundation for your dog lover bond. Play games with safe toys.
2. Introduce him to the outside world a little at a time; don't cause him sensory overload!
3. Wearing his collar, walking on his lead and standing on the grooming table are basic lessons you can teach before progressing to the basic commands.
4. Positive reinforcement is the way to go. Always let your puppy know when he's behaving correctly.
5. Introduce the puppy to his crate in short, gradually increasing, periods of time.
Return to the Dachshund Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Dachshund © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Training Your Dachshund Puppy
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha