Training Overview: The German Shepherd Puppy
Keep these five tips to keep in mind when training the German Shepherd puppy.
1. The time to start asserting your position as pack leader begins as soon as you bring your puppy home.
2. Training is based on basic principles of positive reinforcement for correct behavior or cessation of undesirable behavior. Negative reinforcement is necessary from time to time to correct a pup if caught in a naughty deed.
3. Pick simple verbal commands and be consistent.
4. Timing is the key to reinforcing good behavior and correcting bad behavior.
5. Puppy games are a fun way to spend time with your pup while introducing future commands.
Return to the German Shepherd Dog Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: German Shepherd Dog © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Training Overview: The German Shepherd Puppy
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha