Training Overview: The Golden Retriever Puppy
Keep these five tips to keep in mind when training the Golden Retriever puppy.
1. The Golden is intelligent, but he is not born trained! Your puppy will be very capable of learning what you teach him.
2. You must take advantage of your pup's youth, as this is the time to establish your leadership and his good habits.
3. Training methods should be based on positive reinforcement with rewards of treats, petting and praise.
4. Teaching word association and knowing how to use correct timing are two basic principles of training.
5. Playing games with your puppy will reinforce your bond with each other and introduce commands in a fun way.
Return to the Golden Retriever Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Dachshund © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Training Overview: The Golden Retriever Puppy
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha