Shih Tzu Training Overview
Tips on training your Shih Tzu.
1. The first step on the road to a happy existence with your dog is teaching him proper toileting habits.
2. Paper training can help get started when training a small breed, but this method is not as reliable as crate training for a long-term solution.
3. Be sure that your puppy's association with his crate is a positive one. Many dogs learn to love their crates and choose to spend time there on their own.
4. Puppies require many relief trips each day! Be sure to praise your pup when he goes in the right place; scold him for accidents only if you catch him in the act.
5. Choose a relief command and be consistent with your schedule. Soon your puppy will learn to let you know when its time for a potty break.
Return to the Shih Tzu Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Shih Tzu © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Shih Tzu Training Overview
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha