Training Overview: The Weimaraner Puppy
Keep these few easy steps to keep in mind while training your puppy.
- The first 20 weeks are your puppy's most critical learning time. Take advantage and teach him right away.
- Using treats and positive reinforcement is the best way to train any dog, especially one as sensitive as the Weimaraner.
- Know the basic rules of puppy classes: You are alpha, and you have to learn to speak dog.
- Teach word association, timing and consistency.
- Learn the basic principles of successful puppy training.
- Play games with your puppy to help him learn to come when called.
Return to the Weimaraner Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeder's Best: Weinmaraner © 2004 Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Training Overview: The Weimaraner Puppy
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha