Are You a Bulldog Person?
Is the Bulldog breed right for you?
Page 1 of 3
The Bulldog, in spite of his rough-and-tumble roots, is now favored as a companion dog, and this is his only jobto keep his family happy! The Bulldog is a very special and unique breed, each dog with a charming personality all his own. If you decide that you are a suitable owner for a Bulldog, you are sure to be won over by your new family member.
As part of the AKCs Non-Sporting Group of dogs, the Bulldog finds himself keeping company with such breeds as the French Bulldog, Boston Terrier and Miniature and Standard Poodles, other breeds known for their companion-dog qualities. The Bulldog is well known and very recognizable; whenever you are out walking your dog, you will run across someone who will say, with a big smile, "Oh! A Bulldog!"
Before purchasing your Bulldog, you must think about the personality and characteristics of this breed to determine if this is the dog that you want to join your family. Think about the following questions:
1. Do you have the time to give to a dog? He will need care, companionship, love, training and grooming. This is almost like having a child, except the dog remains childlike in that he will always require your care.
2. Do you have a fenced-in yard for your Bulldog? This is not a breed that you can leave tied out on the porch or to a tree. He must have a secure area in which to run and exercise.
3. Are you looking for a pet that will be a companion, that will live in the house with you and that will want to spend his waking hours with the family?
4. Have you owned a dog previously and did that dog live a long and happy life with you?
5. Do you have small children and are you willing to train and supervise them so that they will not mistreat their pet?
6. This is a breed that will require little in the way of coat care, but he will need special attention to keeping his skin folds clean. Will you commit yourself to his grooming needs?Page 1 | 2 | 3
7. The Bulldog is a breed that may require extra care because of his pushed-in face. Are you willing to take on the special responsibilities of caring for a short-faced dog?
8. Are you looking for a guard dog?
Give us your opinion on Are You a Bulldog Person?
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha