Labrador Retriever Facts
Is the Labrador Retriever breed right for you?
1. The first thing that a Lab owner must understand is the breeds oral fixation. Providing chew toys, dog-proofing the home and training the dog what not to chew are essential elements in developing a companion dog with whom you are able to live happily.
2. The Lab loves his people and needs to be included with his family.
3. Great with kids, low-maintenance in terms of grooming, friendly and versatile, the Lab offers many wonderful pet qualities.
4. Labs, especially as puppies, can get a little crazy! Owners must commit themselves to training, as this means the difference between an enjoyable companion and an uncontrollable nuisance.
5. Look beyond the breeds popularity and widespread appeal to determine if the Lab really is the right dog for you, and vice versa!
Return to the Labrador Retriever Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Labrador Retriever © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Labrador Retriever Facts
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha