Pembroke Welsh Corgi Overview
Is this lovable breed for you?
1. A herding dog by trade, the Pembroke is best known these days as a wonderful pet and home companion.
2. Owners of a Pembroke must take into consideration his intelligence as well as his herding instincts, which will still be part of his character whether he is used for work or not.
3. You must have the time to care for your Pembroke, give him lots of attention and provide for his safety. These are essential for ownership of any dog.
4. If you have kids, teaching the dog and children to respect each other is important. Otherwise, the kids may play too roughly with the dog or your Corgi may try to herd the kids.
5. Learn all about the breed, good and bad, to make an honest assessment about your suitability for the Pembroke and vice versa.
Return to the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeder's Best: Pembroke Welsh Corgi © 2005 Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Pembroke Welsh Corgi Overview
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha