Ewokalypse: 15 Dogs Looking for a Role in Star Wars Episode VII
Check out these adorable Ewok-like dogs that will make you go "Yub Yub!”
Samuel Meyers |
Posted: May 22, 2014, 10 a.m. PST
Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to travel the galaxy to the forest moon of Endor to find a companion that looks like an Ewok. Here are some that live right here, on Earth!
Just to give you a Star Wars refresher, Ewoks are small teddy-bear like creatures that are curious and friendly. George Lucas derived the name Ewok after the Miwok, a Native American tribe indigenous to the Redwood Forest of Northern California, where scenes for Return of the Jedi were filmed. The design of the Ewok was based mostly on the Shih Tzu, but also looks a lot like a Pekingese or Brussels Griffon.
Here are 15 photos of dogs that we can not guarantee are in fact dogs and not Ewoks:
1. This dog may in fact be an Ewok.
Photo from JockeyJournal.com
2. These guys probably don’t even need the traditional Ewok hood/vest in order to pull off their look. They could probably fend off a battalion of storm troopers with their ice cold stares!
Photo from HGTV.com
3. Either looking off into the battlefield, or scavenging for food on Endor, this dog looks fierce enough to take on Darth Vader himself.
4. The owner of this dog was clever enough to incorporate a teddy bear into his design. I thought I was looking at a production still from Return of the Jedi when I found this one!
Photo from MarthaStewart.com
5. This Pomeranian would have a tough time staring down the Imperial Empire, but would probably get a good amount of petting while they invaded his home planet!
Photo from DailyBunny.com
6. Not sure if dog or Ewok...
7. We will assume because of the digital enhancements that this Ewok dog must have been going for a role in one of the Star Wars prequels.
Photo from reddit.com
8. This dog looks truly shocked to be an Ewok or he is starring down a rancor monster.
Photo from Pinterest.com
9. If Ewoks wore hooded sweatshirts it would likely look something like this. In some systems this could also pass for a Jedi robe.
10. This brave and mighty warrior is ready for battle and the runway adding a bit of color to his wardrobe. Let's be honest, brown on brown might be an okay look for Tattooine, but it's a little drab on Endor.
11.This convincing Ewok wasn't confident in his chances at getting cast, so he's not giving up his day job.
Photo from Pinterest.com
12. This full body suit is really doing the trick, the tiny spear doesn't hurt either.
13. If you feel like you have the body for it, a hood is really the most accurate way to go.
14. This little Ewok just needs a hug.
15. This dog had to go back to the drawing board on his Ewok costume.
Photo from NerdApproved
Do you have an unhealthy Star Wars obsession and a dog that looks like an Ewok? Let us know in the comments below!
Share your Ewok dog photos on Facebook and @DogFancyMag
Follow author Samuel Meyers @Ralph_A_Dog
Dogzilla vs Godzilla>>
"Steadfast Stanley,” Everyone Needs a Loyal Dog in a Zombie Apocalypse>>
Game of Thrones Meets Dogs>>
Give us your opinion on Ewokalypse: 15 Dogs Looking for a Role in Star Wars Episode VII
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha