There is arguably no one more important to the sport of purebred dogs than the breeder; thus, AKC’s Breeder of the Year award stands as one of the most significant honors bestowed in the sport, alongside the Dogs in Review Outstanding Breeder award, announced each year in February at the Show Dogs of the Year dinner in New York. These breeders, and many more who are dedicated to their craft, are the individuals without whom our sport would not exist.
The 2007 honorees for AKC Breeder of the Year in the seven variety Groups were:
• Beverly and Adrian Wanjon – Russet Leather Vizslas – Santa Clarita, Calif.
• Stanley Petter – Hewly Greyhounds – Lexington, Ky.
• Jean and Wayne Boyd – Rivergroves Great Pyrenees – Brookeville, Md.
• Barbara Miller –Max-Well Norfolk Terriers -- – Glen Head, N.Y.
• Glynette Cass – Wesglyn Maltese – Davie, Fla.
• Mikki DeMers – Kimik Tibetan Terriers – Conroe, Texas
• Anne Bowes – Heronsway Pembroke Welsh Corgis – Duxbury, Mass.
Barbara Miller was named the ultimate winner of the award at the AKC/Eukanuba show in Long Beach, Calif., in December. We congratulate all of the honorees.
There is much more coverage of the AKC/Eukanuba show in this issue, along with more great reading. Enjoy, and we’ll see you in New York!
Christi McDonald, Editor
Give us your opinion on Editor's Page
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha