Dog Food Company Recalls Dry Food Products
Company cites “potential contamination” in national dry dog food recall.
Posted: September 13, 2008, 5 a.m. EDT
MARS Petcare issued a national recall of Pedigree Small Crunchy Bites and Pedigree Large Breed Complete Nutrition dry dog food products from sale because of potential contamination with Salmonella Schwarzengrund.
The following products are affected by this dog food recall:
- Pedigree Small Crunchy Bites Adult Nutrition 4 pounds, UPC # 0-23100-05104
- Pedigree Small Crunchy Bites Adult Nutrition 8.8 pounds, UPC # 0-23100-14719
- Pedigree Small Crunchy Bites Adult Nutrition 32 pounds, UPC # 0-23100-31483
- Pedigree Large Breed Complete Nutrition 20 pounds, UPC # 0-23100-29158
Affected products are identified by the letters PAE within “Best Before” ID Code on the product label [example = 808G1PAE01 12:00].
Animals infected with Salmonella Schwarzengrund may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will only have decreased appetite, fever, or abdominal pain. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and experiences any of these symptoms, the Food and Drug Administration recommends contacting a veterinarian.
In an effort to prevent the transmission of Salmonella from pets to family members and care givers, the FDA recommends that the public follow appropriate pet food handling guidelines when feeding pets.
Consumers with questions about the recall should contact MARS Petcare at 866-298-8332.
- Get the latest dog food recall updates -
Give us your opinion on Dog Food Company Recalls Dry Food Products
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha