Two Grooming TV Shows to Air on Animal Planet
‘Groomer Has It’ to make a comeback; spin-off series set to premier April 11.
Posted: March 13, 2009, 5 a.m. EST
Animal Planet is set to air two grooming reality TV shows this spring. “Groomer Has It” returns for a second season, and it promises to be “sassier, snippier, and more cutthroat,” according to the network.
In addition, Animal Planet premiers a “Groomer Has It” spin-off called “Beverly Hills Groomer,” which features 2008 Groomer of the Year, Artist Knox.
For the second installment of “Groomer Has It,” 12 dog groomers will live together in a Los Angeles, Calif., loft called “The Doghouse” and compete for a chance to be crowned “Groomer of the Year.” Hosted by Jai Rodriquez, formerly of “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,” the series begins April 11 at 9 p.m. (ET/PT).
During the show, contestants work shoulder to shoulder, sometimes as teams, as they are tasked with everything from creating signature looks for a canine bridal party to putting their skills to use on pot-belly pigs.
After each challenge, Rodriguez consults with a panel of judges, which includes veterinarian Karen Halligan, DVM, champion dog handler Xavier Santiago, and grooming expert Joey Villani, as they decide which contestant doesn’t make the cut.
The grand-prize winner gets a start-of-the-art mobile grooming salon from Wag’n Tails, a new Subaru Forester, a $50,000 cash prize, and the title “Groomer of the Year.”
Contestants for “Groomer Has It” include:
* Cassandra, 25, of Akron, Ohio, aka “The Spunky Chic” with five years of experience.
* Danielle, 25, of Los Angeles, “Groomer from the Bronx” with 11 years of experience.
* Huber, 42, of Los Angeles, “Groomer with a Heart” with 33 years of experience.
* Jessica, 22, of Jefferson, Mass., “The Girl Next Door” with four years of experience.
* Joe, 58, of Wells, Maine, “Chicken Joe” with more than 50 years of experience.
* Krista, 28, of Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada, “Vegas Girl Turned Groomer” with two years of experience.
* Lisa, 42, of Genoa, Ill., “Veteran Groomer” with 30 years of experience.
* Marco, 25, of Redondo Beach, Calif., “All Business” with three years of experience.
* Michael, 39, of Chicago, “Confident Groomer” with five years of experience.
* Sherri, 28, of Medina, Ohio, “The PTA Mom” with eight years of experience.
* Vanessa, 27, of Long Grove, Ill., “The Animal Communicator” with 10 years of experience.
* William, 41, of Delray Beach, Fla., “The Fashionista” with 16 years of experience.
“Beverly Hills Groomer,” which premiers May 16 at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), continues the story of first season “Groomer Has It” winner Artist Knox.
The12-part, half-hour, fish-out-of-water reality series follows Knox as he recruits clients, raises funds to open his own shop, and hopes to beat the odds of becoming a business success. The show begs the question: Can a South Central youth make it in Beverly Hills?
Give us your opinion on Two Grooming TV Shows to Air on Animal Planet
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha