Survey Shows Dog Owners Find Hair Everywhere
Poll conducted prior to pet product launch reveals where pet owners combat shed coat.
Posted: April 9, 2009, 5 a.m. EDT
SC Johnson, a manufacturer of household goods based in Racine, Wis., commissioned a survey about pet ownership prior to the launch of its new product, the Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair. The product is designed to pick up pet hair from upholstered furniture.
The following are key findings from the survey, which polled 1,216 adults, ages 25 to 54:
- More than 75 percent of the dog and/or cat owners polled said they remove hair from furniture at least once per month.
- About half said the most important reason for cleaning up pet hair is to keep the home looking clean.
- Nearly one-third (33 percent) said they have left the house with pet hair on their clothes in the last three months.
- 12 percent said they not only let their pets sleep with them on the bed, but also are usually forced to lay on the edge while their pet is sprawled out.
- In the past three months, 17 percent of dog and/or cat owners polled said they found pet hair in their food.
The survey was conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of SC Johnson.
- Watch a video on managing dog hair -
Give us your opinion on Survey Shows Dog Owners Find Hair Everywhere
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha