Comments on Give Dog a Few Weeks to Pass Sock

User Avatar

Brian   Houston, Texas

3/18/2015 7:38:28 PM

Thanks for the tip. 2 doses of hydrogen peroxide and up came not 1 but 3 socks!

User Avatar

Shirona   London, International

3/18/2015 9:48:17 AM

I think my puppy ate a piece of a sock. This was a week ago. He was very ill but now seems okay other than some of his poops are still really soft. Is this normal and will it get better on its own?

User Avatar

Chris   UK, International

3/15/2015 1:56:20 AM

My 11 year old has been eating socks since a puppy. Only worn socks , and ankle or thin dress socks are her favourite. I don't see her do it , and the first I notice is when she passes it or vommits it up. I'm not worried about her health so much as curious as to why she does it.

User Avatar

brennen   Flagstaff, Arizona

2/11/2015 5:43:48 PM

What if my 5 month old jack russell terrior ate two socks in the same week should we go to the vet?

User Avatar

Terry   St Catharines, International

1/17/2015 11:25:41 AM

My 1 year old Saint Bernard ate a small glove. Took about a week and then she vomited it up.

ADS BY GOOGLE

User Avatar

Linda   Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

12/30/2014 10:52:08 AM

My 5 month old golden retriever just ate one blue fluffy crew sock from under the tree, I discovered it within 90 minutes and administered one oz of peroxide, waited 10 minutes gave him another 1 oz and within 10 minutes he vomited up the sock in shreds...I consulted my Vet before giving it to him and she said it wouldn't hurt him either way...success!

User Avatar

Katie   England, Washington

11/25/2014 10:22:59 AM

My 18 months old American bulldog has ate a pair of socks do anyone know what to do to help me get it out of her so she don't get blocked up

User Avatar

Lindsay   St Louis, Michigan

2/8/2014 3:46:21 PM

My 3 mo. old lab eats our kids socks all the time. He has always vommited them up within a week or two. My concern is, will this affect his digestion? A sock in the belly for a couple weeks can't be a good thing...

User Avatar

Tanner922   San Carlos, CA

2/5/2014 12:34:49 PM

My one year old lab ate part of a hand towel. After a week he pooped out 31 inches worth! a couple of weeks later, he ate approx 1/3 of his bed covering made of fleece!! We have not seen any signs of it and it is going on three almost 4 weeks. He has lost some weight due to vomiting issues. His poops are a little smaller than what he normally does. X-rays have been taken and no evidance of any intestinal blockage. We changed from kibble to canned and that seems to have helped with vomiting. He saw the vet yesterday and is now on a band diet. Next step is barium. After that , who knows.

Get Adobe Flash player

Eileen - 249708   Port Perry, ON

10/7/2013 4:55:02 AM

My sister Golden Retrieve eats everything and he passes everything without problems. Thank goodness.

ADS BY GOOGLE

User Avatar

pitin   bakersfield, CA

7/5/2013 1:36:16 PM

My 10 weeks German shepherd eats a pice of fabric, like cotton, what can I do??

User Avatar

Bella   Aruba, International

5/6/2013 10:20:19 AM

My dog ate polyester cotton fiber ( my chair's filling). What should I do?

User Avatar

Nichole   Amarillo, Texas

1/6/2013 7:50:45 PM

My Rottie puppy tore up and ate a piece of towel, she threw it up this morning but has thrown up some more right after I gave her some Pepto. She seems to be keeping water down, but not eating. What should I do?

User Avatar

katlynch927   Upton, MA

12/3/2012 7:33:02 PM

Jacqeline, did your dog pass the sock? What is the rest fo teh story??

User Avatar

M   Brighton, MI

3/7/2012 12:16:29 PM

Our boxer puppey ate a sock/footie and passed it almost 4 months later. It was a zebra design sock/footie so there was no mistake that it was the one she originally ate.

User Avatar

Gaela   Halifax, CA

2/14/2012 6:14:47 AM

My dog ate a sock this morning. I called the vet and they told me to give her 2tsp of Hydrogen Peroxide and to wait 10min for the dog to throw up. If not 2more tsp (but not more) and she did!!!! she throw up the sock!!! quick and sheep remedy.

User Avatar

Jacqueline   Dundee, MO

3/16/2010 2:24:45 AM

My 11 week old Border Collie ate a sock on Sunday and there is still no sign of it. I telephoned the Vet as soon as it happened and was told to wait and see and that he may just pass it naturally. We have to watch him closely and if he starts vomiting, not eating, being lethargic or not going to the toilet, we have to take him down to the Vet. I am concerned though as there is still no sign of the sock and this is now Tuesday.

1-17 of 17 PAGE:  1

Top Products

ADS BY GOOGLE