Are You an American Pit Bull Terrier Person?
Is the American Pit Bull Terrier dog breed for you?
Page 1 of 2
Before purchasing your APBT, you must give much thought to the personality and characteristics of the breed to determine if this is the right dog for you. This is not a dog for the laid-back owner who will not give the dog the training and attention that he deserves. In addition, this is not a dog for the first-time puppy owner. This is a dog for the individual who has studied up on the breed, understands its characteristics and is willing to train the dog and give him the time that he will need.
You should consider the following issues before purchasing an APBT:
1. Do you have the time to give to a dog? He will need care, companionship, training and grooming. This is almost like having a child, except the dog remains a child and will always require your care.
2. Do you have a fenced-in yard for your Pit Bull? This is not a breed that you can tie out on the porch or let roam free. He must have a secure area in which to run and exercise.
3. Have you owned a dog previously and did that dog live a long and happy life with your family?
4. Have you checked with your towns offices to make certain that there are no breed-specific laws in your neighborhood? Some communities will not allow certain breeds of dog, and the APBT may be one of them.
5. Understand that your neighbors may not be pleased with your bringing this dog into the neighborhood. Unfortunately, the Pit Bull is not looked upon kindly by many people who do not understand the breed or who have not had contact with a well-bred APBT.
6. Even if this breed requires a minimum of grooming, your dog will require some coat care.
7. Do you have the time and interest to do this?
Page 1 | 2
Give us your opinion on Are You an American Pit Bull Terrier Person?
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha