Perros In Sombreros: 10 Dogs Getting Festive for Cinco de Mayo
Not sure what to wear? How to act? Aye Chihuahua! Don't worry, these dogs have all the advice you need for a perfect night on the town.
Samantha Meyers |
Posted: May 5, 2014, 7 a.m. PST
Spanish for the "fifth of May,” Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of the Mexican army’s victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. While Cinco de Mayo is an important day in Puebla where the battle took place, it is not actually as big of a holiday as Mexico’s Independence Day on Sept. 16. Regardless, it has become as good of an excuse as any for folks to drink a margarita or two. From parades and dancing to festivals and Mariachi bands, Cinco de Mayo is a fun time for all, dog’s included!
We’ve found 10 dogs who know how to celebrate the holiday in style. Take advice from these dogs on how to have a great Cinco de Mayo.
1. Try not to get overwhelmed. Finding the perfect sombrero to match your eyes is hard and it might not work out as planned. Just remember Cinco de Mayo is about having fun -- you will likely be the only one to notice those sorts of details.
4. More is more. Don't stop at just a sombrero, it's so cliche. Complete the look with glasses, scarves and a gold chain or two.
Photo from Muscleheaded
5. Take a nap. It's always good to get a little shut eye before a wild night. Another great reason to wear a sombrero: they make it possible to nap anywhere.
14 Dogs Who Nap Like It’s Their Job>>
Photo from HispanicMeme
6. Stretch before you go out. You never know what's going to happen and you want to be prepared should someone notice how good you look in your sombrero and ask you to dance.
Photo from HispanicMeme
7. Make sure you eat something. It's always best to party on a full stomach. If you are afraid there won't be food where you are going, bring your own.
Photo from Costume-Works
8. Keep it cool. It's easy to get excited by this awesome holiday, but try not to be "that guy."
Photo from ObsessiveChihuahuaDisorder
9. Always choose a designated driver. Look for someone trustworthy and responsible.
Photo from Doecdoe
10. Have a safe and happy Cinco de Mayo!
Photo from Wally
More Funny Dogs
Zoey and Jasper: A Rescue Dog, a Baby and a Series of Hats>>
Check out 10 Hilarious "Dog Beards">>
10 Dog Twitter Accounts You'll Want to Follow>>
Give us your opinion on Perros In Sombreros: 10 Dogs Getting Festive for Cinco de Mayo
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha