Dog-Friendly Cucumber Dip
Tired of telling begging eyes to look away while you eat? Make a snack you and your dog can share!
Samantha Meyers |
Posted: January 27, 2014, 4 p.m. PST
We all love veggies and dip and your dog will too! Check out this refreshing, healthy and super easy recipe you and your dog can both enjoy. Cucumbers are a good source of vitamin K and yogurt is great for your dog's digestive system. As with any treat, you will want to feed in moderation, especially if it's your first time feeding a particular snack.
- 1 medium cucumber, or 1/2 hothouse cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups of yogurt (plain, unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 lemon (squeezed)
- Slice up your cucumbers. If you are using cucumbers with a thicker skin, make sure to peel them before slicing.
- Place cucumber in food processor with 1 cup of yogurt, lemon juice and dill.
- Blend until cucumber is small and well-blended with other ingredients
- Mix in additional 1/2 cup of yogurt
- Place in a small bowl and put in refrigerator to set. The dip will thin once it is blended, so it is important to let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour and overnight if possible.
- Serve with dog-friendly vegetables>>
**If you are looking for a thicker dip, place your cucumbers in the food processor alone and then strain them in a cheese-cloth to pull out the extra liquid before mixing them with the yogurt.
For Humans: This dip is light and refreshing as it is, but if you are looking to jazz it up a bit for human consumption, put aside enough for the dog and then add a little salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Just be sure to label clearly which is which as you don't mix them up!
-More Dog Food Recipes-
Give us your opinion on Dog-Friendly Cucumber Dip
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha