Pup-tato Skins Recipe
A potato favorite that will make tails wag! Try this simple recipe for dog-friendly potato skins.
Samantha Meyers |
Posted: August 19, 2014, 6 a.m. PST
Want to make any easy dog-treat that you and your dog can both enjoy? Try our easy recipe for Pup-tato Skins using only a couple of ingredients. Whether you are "tail"-gating, making Irish Nachos for St. Patrick's Day, celebrating Potato Day or just looking for an easy treat to try, these dog-friendly spuds are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. As with any treat, feed in moderation, especially if it's your first time feeding a particular snack.
Find out why Potatoes Make Such a Great Treat!
Learn more about the health benefits of potatoes and find other vegetables for your dog>>
- Fingerling or small yellow or red potatoes
- You can also use full size russet potatoes, but you will need to cut them into smaller pieces.
- Make sure they are an appropriate size for your dog so that they do not pose as a choking hazard.
- Olive oil to lightly coat potatoes
- Shredded cheese (1 tsp per potato)
- Lightly coat potatoes with olive oil
- Place potatoes on a lined sheet pan
- Bake at 450 until fork-tender; about 45 min depending on the size of your potatoes
- When potatoes are cool, cut in half lengthwise
- Scoop out some of the potato to create a small well in your potato
- Place potatoes back onto the baking sheet and sprinkle cheese into the well you have created
- Bake again at 450 for 7-8 minutes or until cheese has melted
For Humans: The potatoes are good as is, but if you like a little more salt in your snacks, salt the potatoes before baking them. You can also add a little bacon and sour cream to impress your human guests.
More Dog-Friendly Recipes
Give us your opinion on Pup-tato Skins Recipe
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha