Martha Stewart’s Dog Dies

Chow Chow Ghenghis Khan was one of several dogs killed in kennel explosion.

Posted: March 10, 2009, 5 a.m. EDT

Martha Stewart’s dog, a Chow Chow named Ghenghis Khan, was killed in a Pennsylvania kennel fire, along with more than a dozen other dogs.

On The Martha Stewart Blog, she said that she’s “deeply saddened” by the event, which occurred March 6 after a propane delivery went wrong at the kennel. Several of the dogs involved in the blast were show dogs, according to news reports.

The driver of the propane delivery truck was taken to a hospital with critical burns, according to The Associated Press. He reportedly helped some dogs to safety by tossing them over a fence.

Stewart’s blog also said that she hopes for a speedy recovery for the dogs who survived as well as the people. She included a photo tribute in memory of her dog. No human deaths were reported.


JOIN CLUB DOG NOW

4 of 7 Comments View All 7 Comments

Give us your opinion Give us your opinion on Martha Stewart’s Dog Dies

User Avatar

karen   little rock, AR

3/10/2009 7:09:52 PM

My heart breaks! I did'nt even hear about her dog.All those poor babies.

User Avatar

Della   Madison Heights, VA

3/10/2009 5:16:15 PM

That is so sad. Poor Martha and all the other people that had pets there.

User Avatar

Natalie   Greenbay, WI

3/10/2009 5:07:59 PM

I feel so sorry for Martha. She loves her animals so very much. And what a horrible way to lose a pet. :(

User Avatar

Anna   Maple Grove, MN

3/10/2009 3:02:33 PM

That is so sad! I couldn't imagine the sadness of losing a dog so suddenly.

Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below

 
First Name : Email :
International :
City : State :

Captcha Image


Get New Captcha


Top Products

ADS BY GOOGLE