Comments on Spay and Neuter Facts

User Avatar

Jen   Atlanta, GA

3/25/2009 3:07:01 PM

I have 2 different vets giving me conflicting advice about when to spay our dog. The traditional vet says that we can cut her risk of breast cancer to 0% if she is spayed before she has a heat. He says an intact female has a 1 in 4 risk of breast cancer (double my risk!).


But the homeopathic vet prefers that we not spay her at all or, if we do, wait until she goes through one heat so she is "mature."


I wish this article had addressed the timing and the pros and cons of waiting.

1-1 of 1 PAGE:  1

Top Products

ADS BY GOOGLE