Comments on Expanding Glues Prove Dangerous for Dogs

User Avatar

Megan   Sandusky, OH

1/15/2008 8:57:15 AM

My German Shepard mix, recently got a hold of gorilla glue, and tore the bottle apart in the living room. When my husband came home he said the bottle was over turned with the cap torn off, and it looked to be all the glue was on the floor, and she could not have gotten very much. Later that evening she started throwing up every 1/2 an hour on the dot. It continued for 24 hours, the vet told me not to give her any water, or food to make sure her system has nothing in it. She continued to throw up so we decided to take her to the emergency vet clinic. When we arrived they did emergency surgery and found the glue had expanded in the whole stomach. Today she is great and the recover time was not to bad!! Thank God for great vets.

User Avatar

Donna   Limington, ME

10/6/2007 11:42:25 AM

That is really something that everyone should be aware of!

1-2 of 2 PAGE:  1

Top Products

ADS BY GOOGLE