How Well Do You Know Your Rare Breeds? Answers!
Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Rare-Breed Judge?
1. The Karelian Bear Dog
2. The FCI
3. No and yes! Whereas Canada does not officially recognize the long-haired Weimaraner, it does recognize the wire-haired Vizsla as a separate variety of the Smooth.
4. The Polish Hunting Dog was officially accepted on November 10, 2006.
5. The FCI considers the Elghund Gra and Elghund Svart to be distinctly separate breeds (Standards 242 and 268, respectively). The black Norwegian Buhund, on the other hand, is simply a different color of the same breed.
7. Portuguese Podengo. The FCI recognizes two coat types: wire-haired and smooth. The breed is found in three different sizes: Miniature, Medium and Standard.
8. Disqualify it. The white coloration is only accepted in FCI countries.
9. The Drever.
10. The Canaan Dog.
11. The Leonberger.
12. The Norwegian Lundehund.
Are You Ready to Judge?:
10–12 correct: That’s great! I’ll bring you my dogs anytime.
7–9 correct: Very good. These aren’t your average breeds.
4–6 correct: Ouch. Time to brush up on your standards.
Less than 4 correct: What are you doing judging these dogs in the first place?
Give us your opinion on How Well Do You Know Your Rare Breeds? Answers!
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha