Cancer Awareness in Dogs
Early identification and treatment can help your dog beat cancer.
Cal Orey |
Posted: Tue Oct 30 00:00:00 PST 2001
Page 3 of 4
- Astragalus: This root (available in an extract that is given orally) is rich in flavonones, which help circulation and blood production. This Chinese herb is becoming well known in the West for helping to treat cancer. "Because it enhances circulation," says Dr. Schwartz, "it helps prevent stagnation that can cause tumors to form. Astragalus also contains polysaccharides, which help to inhibit tumor formation." Astragalus has been proven to boost strength, stamina, and digestion after chemotherapy and radiation treatment-and even increases survival rates in cancer patients after these treatments.
- Goldenseal: According to Dr. Pitcairn, this herb is good for treating any type of cancer, especially if the cancer is associated with weight loss. Goldenseal can damage the liver so extra vitamin B complex is advised during prolonged use.
- Essiac: Essiac's cancer-fighting punch comes from herbs such as sheep sorrel, burdock root, slippery elm bark, and rhubarb root, which together make this a strong herbal tonic and detoxifier. It's an energy-boosting oral treatment that works well with other remedies. Essiac can be found at health food stores, labeled as "essiac" or mixed with a few other herbs in "Flor-Essence."
- Aloe vera juice: According to Dr. Goldstein, aloe vera juice can be used internally or externally to purify the body and aid in detoxification. Mix 1 tablespoon into 2 cups of water and add it to your pet's drinking water or rub the undiluted gel right on the tumor if it's visible.
- Ganoderma and maitake mushrooms: New research in Asia has shown that eating these dried herbal mushrooms may help halt or delay tumor growth and stop the spread of certain tumors.
- Garlic: This herb helps protect cells from cancer-causing agents. People and pets get both preventive and therapeutic benefits from eating fresh or extracted garlic. Research shows that it slows the progression of an existing tumor cell and blocks the formation of new tumor cells. Use cautiously with cats; too much can cause a type of anemia.
Homeopathic RemediesPage 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sarge, a 9-year-old springer spaniel, suffered bleeding from the nose. She was taken to a conventional vet for tests. The diagnosis was that cancer had developed inside the nose of the dog. Although her type of disease is inoperable, it has not spread because the cancer-stricken dog was put on a new nutritional program and began silicea homeopathic treatment. Several weeks later, Sarge was free of symptoms.
Give us your opinion on Cancer Awareness in Dogs
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha