Training Overview: The Miniature Schnauzer Puppy
Keep these six tips to keep in mind when training the Miniature Schnauzer puppy.
1. A Miniature Schnauzer is intelligent but can be stubborn, posing a challenge to new owners, who must establish themselves as leaders with their pups right away.
2. Take advantage of your puppy's capacity to learn when young. Start training him as soon as he comes home.
3. Positive reinforcement is the preferred way of training dogs. It definitely is the best way to train a Miniature Schnauzer.
4. Word association and timing are two essential components of training success.
5. Learn and practice the basic principles of training a dog.
6. Introduce commands through play. Games will encourage your Mini Schnauzer to come to you, and he will associate it with fun.
Return to the Miniature Schnauzer Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Miniature Schnauzer © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Training Overview: The Miniature Schnauzer Puppy
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha