Training Overview: The Maltese Puppy
Keep these five tips to keep in mind when training the Maltese puppy.
1. Once your pup is used to his new family and surroundings, and properly vaccinated, begin socialization to the outside world.
2. Early lessons can include introduction to the grooming table and basic grooming procedures.
3. Let your puppy become comfortable with his collar and lead and then proceed to taking short on-lead walks.
4. Introduce your pup informally to the basic commands before real training begins.
5. Let your pup explore his crate and begin to instill in him a positive association with it.
Return to the Maltese Breed Profile
Reprinted from Breeders Best: Maltese © 2004. Permission granted by Kennel Club Books, an imprint of BowTie Press.
Give us your opinion on Training Overview: The Maltese Puppy
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha