Are you a Chow Chow person?
Find out if this loyal dog breed is for you.
Page 1 of 3
Before purchasing a Chow Chow, you must give some thought to the personality and characteristics of this breed to determine if this is the dog for you. This is not a breed for the laid-back owner who will not give the dog the training and attention that he deserves. In addition, this may not always be a good choice for the first-time puppy owner. This is a dog for the individual who has studied up on the breed, understands its characteristics and is willing to train the dog, to accept his disposition and to give him the time that he will need for socialization.
You should answer the following questions before purchasing a Chow:
1. Do you have the time to give to a dog? He will need care, companionship, training and grooming. This is almost like having a child, except that the dog remains childlike in that he will always require your care.
2. Do you have a fenced yard for your Chow? This is not a dog that you can leave tied out on the porch. He must have a secure area in which to run and exercise.
3. Have you owned a dog previously and did that dog live a long and happy life with your family?
4. Are you willing to have a dog who will be independent, who will have a mind of his own in addition to a stubborn streak? A dog who may sometimes be indifferent to what you are doing? Are you patient?
5. Do you have the time, and are you willing, to spend a few hours every week grooming your dog?
6. Are there other pets in your household?
Page 1 | 2 | 3
Give us your opinion on Are you a Chow Chow person?
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha