Are You a Rottweiler Person?
Is the Rottweiler dog breed for you?
Page 1 of 2
Before purchasing your Rottweiler, you must give some thought to the personality and characteristics of this breed to determine if this is the breed for you. This is not a dog for the laid-back owner who will not give the dog the training and attention that he deserves. In addition, this is not always a dog for the first-time puppy owner. This is a dog for the individual who has studied up on the breed, understands its characteristics and is willing to train the dog and give him the time that he will need.
You should answer the following questions before purchasing a Rottweiler:
1. Do you have the time to give to a dog? He will need care, companionship, training and grooming. This is almost like having a child, except the dog remains a child and will always require your care.
2. Do you have a fenced-in yard for your Rottweiler? This is not a breed that you can leave tied out on the porch or let loose. He must have a secure area in which to run and exercise.
3. Have you owned a dog previously and did that dog live a long and happy life with your family?
4. Have you checked with your local offices to make certain that there are no breed-specific laws in your town or neighborhood? Some communities will not allow certain breeds of dog, and the Rottweiler may be one of them.
5. Understand that your neighbors may not be pleased with your bringing this breed into the neighborhood. Have you spoken to them about your plans?
6. Even if the Rottweiler requires a minimum of grooming, your dog will require some care.
7. Do you have the time to do this?
Page 1 | 2
Give us your opinion on Are You a Rottweiler Person?
Login to get points for commenting or write your comment below
Get New Captcha